- 03-Sep-2013 to 22-Sep-2013 (EST)
- Boughton Street
- Danbury, CT, USA
- Full Time
Under the guidance and direction of the Associate Executive Director, the position would provide the leadership, management, and supervision necessary to ensure that the Membership Department (including Kids Corner) runs smoothly and effectively. The Assistant Membership Director must exemplify a high standard of customer/member service and demonstrate a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. The individual accepts and demonstrates the YMCA mission and core values of caring, honest, respect and responsibility.
• 2 years customer service experience, membership service experience preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese would be required.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to complete transactions and reports accurately.
• Computer proficiency in the use of Windows applications such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Publisher or PageMaker, and PowerPoint. Prior experience in database management.
• Enthusiasm, a professional personal image and the ability to work harmoniously with staff and members are imperative.
• This is a full-time position which requires two weekday evenings and at least one weekend a month.
Principle Responsibilities and Activities
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• In the absence of, or at the direction of a Director, carries out leadership responsibilities to effectively oversee the facility and customer service functions.
• Set the standards for and model exceptional customer service.
• Ensure members receive premiere service by monitoring staff adherence to membership policies, procedures, best practices and standards.
• Manage front desk operations, ensuring efficient administrative processes. Employ a continuous improvement process for front desk processes/procedures.
• Be empowered to resolve customer/member complaints.
• Conduct tours for potential new members using a consultative sales approach, determining needs, offering solutions and closing the sale.
• Provides daily administrative support functions, including but not limited to, program set-up, processing paperwork, verification of data entry, membership retention systems, filing, preparing reports, etc.
• Serve as a liaison between the Associate Executive Director and the Membership Department.
• Recruit, develop, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate membership staff.
• Ensure appropriate training and development for staff in related program areas.
• Assist with the development, tracking and control of the membership department budget.
• Assist in fundraising events and annual support campaigns with a focus on Members as Donors.
• Work within the community to foster a positive image of the YMCA to ensure good public relations.
• Attend trainings, seminars and conferences related to membership.
• Ability to prioritize with firm deadlines, and to work independently and accurately.
• Other duties, as assigned.
How to Apply
Applications and resumes will be accepted on-line only. No phone calls please.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!